the portfolio course
Welcome to The Portfolio Course, a course taught completely online through short video tutorials. Learn how to prepare, plan and build your Portfolio for Application to University, College or Employment. This course is taught by Sonia Nicolson, a chartered Architect and academic with over 7 years experience in portfolio presentation. Sonia has seen 1000's of students portfolios whilst working in higher education, interviewing students for degree course placement.
prepare, plan + build your portfolio for application to university, college or employment
✓ 100% online + NOTES PROVIDED
✓ work at your own pace + rewatch anytime
✓ built-in CHAT to interact with other students
✓ course facebook community
What is an e-course and how do I learn?
- E-courses are online courses, taught in a virtual classroom
- Enrol in the course to gain access to the classes (videos)
- It's 100% online, work at your own pace, anywhere, anytime
- There is a series of short video tutorials to work through
- Pause/re-watch anytime, your place on the course never expires
- Notes are provided, course is hosted on Teachable.com
Why choose this course?
- Written and taught by myself, I share my experience to help you build the perfect portfolio for entry into Education/Employment
- I have over 6 years experience teaching BA and MA students
- I've interviewed hundreds of students for UK Design Degrees
- I've held portfolio workshops internationally (British Council)
- And I am hugely passionate about helping you achieve your goals!!
What will you learn
- You will learn what a portfolio is (physical + digital)
- You will learn why they are important
- You will learn how it is used for academic and professional purpose
- And You will learn what it should contain
- You will also get advice on editing, layout and annotation (text)
- And some tips on dealing with nerves and confidence
What else is included
- An introduction and overview
- Video tutorials taking you through the course
- Notes from each section of the course
- Examples of my work
- Links to recommended websites
- Optional projects (to help you build great content for your portfolio)
- A discussion section (to chat about the course and ask questions)
i Have a portfolio
Have your portfolio ready but want someone to look over it? As an academic with over 6 years experience of portfolio review and recruitment onto BA and MA courses, I offer valuable advice to help you create a portfolio which best represents you. It's simple - send your portfolio as a PDF by email and receive feedback within 24hrs.