online tutorials + student mentoring
Sign up for an online tutorial to discuss your Academic or Professional project with Sonia Nicolson; a chartered Architect and Senior Lecturer. With years of experience assisting students in their Final Major Projects and Dissertations. I can be that fresh pair of eyes (or ears) you need. Online tutorials are very relaxed and student-budget friendly - £30 for 30 minutes.
students typically discuss:
- Getting inspiration, finding motivation
- Sketchbook work and hand drawing advice and techniques
- Research, Precedent studies and example of work
- Project brief and planning for deadlines
- Drawings, Modelmaking and Technical Detail advice
- Presentation review and feedback
- Written work, Essays, Reports, Dissertations, Thesis
- Referencing and quotation advice
- Work experience, work placement, finding a job
- Subject choice and general career advice
- CV, portfolio, cover letter checking and feedback
* taking in students for 2017-18 *
how it works
Once you have purchased your tutorial, you will receive an email conformation within 24 hours. Your tutorial will be booked by email to best suit your timetable and commitments. At this stage, please send me any notes, documents or your project brief so I can review these prior to your tutorial and make the most of your time. The tutorial lasts up to 30 minutes, to access more time simply order two or more.
It's really simple and can be a great way to share your ideas, concerns and generally talk through a project. Previous students have said they have felt more reassured about their project after their online tutorial and it gave them the clarity and direction they needed.
Used in practice, internalltionally, Skype is a great video conferencing tool to get used to. Please make sure you have set up a Skype account prior to your tutorial. If you prefer not to video call, that's fine but it's a good way to show work and share sketches.
tutor / experience
Your online tutorial will be held by Sonia Nicolson, British charted Architect and Academic with over 10 years experience. Working previously as Head of First Year at the Arts University Bournemouth (UK), and as Academic Director at Raffles Millennium International (India), I have taught both BA and MA students.
I carry out hundreds of tutorials both in-person and online annually, helping students with design projects, dissertations and work placements. I hope my relaxed manner will calm and reassure you on your projects status, give you perspective in its progress and clarity in its required development and direction.
Any questions, please just ask, I'm really very friendly