My students are starting to show the strain of the end of term, and so I thought I would write a little post on health and looking after number one, ourself. We are often too busy to think about looking after ourselves but there are simple things we can do to improve this.
7 things you can do daily to improve your health + look after yourself:
- Drink plenty of water : get a travel cup and sip it all day long
- Do not skip breakfast : eat fruit or yogurt or some warm winter porridge
- Eat more food that grows on trees / plants - less processed/manufactured foods : a fruit salad for breakfast, steamed veg for lunch and snack on nuts and seeds through the day
- Sleep for 7-8hours a night : make bed a warm and cosy place with clean bedding, a relaxing candle, lavender pillow spray and switch your phone off
- Sit in silence for at least 10minutes each day : breathe, think but not too much!!
- Exercise daily (try) : even just a brisk walk, go for a swim, jog
- Live with Energy, Empathy and Enthusiasm : smile more, its a good start